Monday, May 14, 2012

Finding a Place to Call Home

Well, finals are winding down, and in an hour and a half I'll be able to say I only have 1 left, which is on Friday at 8am (yuck).  This past week has probably been my busiest yet (that I can remember) and this present week doesn't look too promising, but there is so much on the bright side that I am actually still surviving.  Lots of growth, lots of grace.

My favorite part is that we got our apartment (our first "home!") on Friday, which is awesome.  We looked at probably 20 different apartments, but ultimately decided on the first one that we looked at.  It's being remodeled right now (new carpet and appliances, anyone?) and our move-in day is June 1st.  Of course, only I will be moving in on June 1st (along with some of James' possessions) but it will be cool to know that we have a home and he will be with me in August.  Three things that I am extremely stoked about: 1. Dishwasher and having water included in the rent payment (When you wash dishes all day at work, you don't want to come home and wash more.) 2. A pool, but also air-conditioning, so we can beat the heat. 3. A garage (no more street sweeping tickets!).  I'm sure I'll be writing much more about our home as it comes together, but this news has been sufficient for us for now.  I can hardly concentrate on anything else once I get going thinking about how to decorate and such.  17 days!! (Not that I'm counting..)

I have so much to look forward to these next few months, this has hands-down got to be the best time of my life.  Don't get me wrong, there are hardships galore, but we have so much in store and above else we have an eternal hope.  I mean, it doesn't get much better.  As of Friday I'll be done with school until late August, and just having that responsibility off my plate will be wonderful.  I suppose most guys don't feel the same way, but the thought of furnishing and spending time in my apartment the next few months, "nesting," is so alluring and I can't wait.  And apart from that, I will have a place of my own to study and cook and do as I please, without bothering anyone else.  Okay, I'll stop now.

On a side note, I'm glad to say that our wedding has been able to help so many people in Draw Something.

  




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS