Friday, May 24, 2013

A Time for Everything

Yesterday marked one of my larger recent milestones, my college graduation!  Even though I finished my classes and received my diploma in December, it was a joy to officialize it by walking in the ceremony along with my fellow Human Development colleagues.  It was an incredibly fun and enjoyable day despite the anticipated sunburns and wait times; I was able to spend the day with the ones who love me most, at an unusually relaxing pace.  In the morning we slept in and then James ran out to grab coffee while I ironed my dress and got ready for the day.  He returned with my parents, up from San Diego, and we hopped in the car and drove to school.  Thanks to my almost-expired handicap parking pass we were able to find parking quickly and walk right in, and before I knew it the precessional was going and I was ushered into confetti and cheers as 1,092 of us took our seats.  The ceremony dragged along as they read thousands of names but oddly enough I didn't mind it at all.  Afterwards I reunited with my family, including my older sister Heather and her kids, and then it was off to dinner at Red Lobster where we met up with James' family too.  Dinner was full of laughter, and GOOD FOOD (for me hehe), and then James and I headed home for a quiet movie night in.  Truly a great day!






A few weeks ago my friend Danielle asked if she could take some graduation-esque photos of me for her website, which I gladly agreed to.  I never imagined my last few moments on campus would be spent limping around, but I did, and ended up getting a couple great shots in the process.  This school holds so many memories for me, from each stage of my short life, and graduation seems to mark so much more than just a scholastic achievement.  I'm happy to close this chapter in my life and move on to the next!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS