Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Thoughts

2010 took me by storm.  I think somewhere inside of me something made the bold dare,  "let's see if we can pack more change into one year than we have in the last 19," and it happened.  I ran in a marathon, cut all my hair off, led worship at church, moved out on my own, got in a car crash, and revamped my previous life-plans, to name a few.  Here's to hoping that 2011 produces just as much growth, but in a more gentle manner, with fewer tears and tantrums.

Here it is, my list for 2011.

New Year's Resolutions:

  • No texting and driving at all.
  • No buying new books until the "old books" are read
  • Be undivided
  • Get rid of personal hurts (Evaluate the relationships that I am in.  Determine whether they are worth pursuing, act on this determination.)

New Year's Goals:

  • Develop fruits of the Spirit. (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, GentlenessSelf-Control)
  • Run in another marathon
  • Reclaim my GPA
  • Moisturize
  • Discover a new hobby and do it
  • When I have a thirst for knowledge about a subject, quench it, do not let it slip away
  • Revitalize my prayer life
  • Work smarter, not harder

Things I'm Praying for in the New Year:

  • A new job; independence from my parents
  • to be filing for graduation in December
  • to reach my seventh graders on a new level
  • Improved health (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual)
  • Plans for my future, post-graduation
  • Healthy, loving friendships to develop

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS