Monday, March 5, 2012

Wedding Blues

It's been exactly two weeks since we've gotten engaged and let me tell you, it's been a busy two weeks.  We have been planning up the yin-yang and though it's something enjoyable to do together (practice for marriage, or so I'm told) it's really exhausting, and sometimes awfully defeating.

Since I'm pretty sure hardly anyone reads this blog, I'm okay posting specifics on here, because I don't think it will give too much away.  The wedding is going to be in August, so I'm going for warm, end-of-summer colors, and attire that will be suitable for the weather.  Just yesterday it was 91 degrees in San Diego, and this gave us a grim reminder of how hot it could be on our special day...
My color scheme.

Groomsmen attire, as opposed to heavy, black tuxedoes.


We have settled on our ideal date, picked our bridal party and colors, hired our wedding coordinator, planned an engagement party, created a wedding website, settled on our perfect honeymoon, and I am going dress shopping in two weeks!  We are also currently drudging through the process of finding the ideal location for our reception--why does everything have to be so expensive?!  Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel... we are going to be married at the end of all of this, right?

I guess I just have a case of pre-wedding blues, or maybe engagement blues is the better term.  Luckily for me, I have the best partner in the world, fully ready and willing to help me with any and all of the planning, from making phone calls and excel spreadsheets, to giving me a massage when I'm overwhelmed.  There really is a lot of joy and excitement in the process, it just tends to get clouded some days...


2 comments:

  1. You will make it! It will be the perfect day! Just think, no matter what happens at the end of all of this you still get to marry your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. I was feeling all of these things before we found our venue...and I was ready to give up and elope. Seriously.

    All I can tell you is try to enjoy it. It's such a blessing to have a calming and supportive partner through all of this to bring you back to reality, to calm you down and to help you see the bigger picture. That's what Sam does for me and I know James does that for you.

    I've heard this alot and it's a constant reminder during the engagement/planning process: "Don't let the focus and stress of wedding planning replace how you should be preparing for marriage. You should be focusing more on marriage than on a wedding." It's such a good reminder because that's where we both will be after that one special day. A wedding is just one day, but a marriage is the rest of our lives. God is going to bless you both in SO many incredibly ways. Enjoy this process together. It will ALL come together smoothly and everything will be so fantastic. Just have faith :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS