Monday, July 30, 2012

If Only We Can Make it 11 More Days...

The only excuse I have for not blogging in weeks is that I'm getting married in 11 days... (11 days!!!!!!!!!!!) and real life has swallowed me up. Thankfully, I am blessed to be one of those super-organized types, and to be honest, the wedding stuff is moving right along, and most of my work is finished.  My Bachelorette party is this weekend and after that, I'm home free....

We can't wait to be married.  It's literally k i l l i n g us.  We have been so good and patient, trying not to fixate on the fun day [and lifetime!] that awaits us, but now every time we hang out, 99% of each conversation is some variation of "I can't wait to be married/Only 11 more days!/I wish we just lived together already!/I am so excited/Are you excited?/OH MY GOSH We're getting MARRIED!"... you get the idea.. Impatience is setting in, along with frustration!


Well in the meantime, we have been extremely busy, or should I say I have been extremely busy?  (Don't get me wrong..James is one of the hardest working people I know, working 40 hours a week but also choosing to do Bible study with me three nights a week, and relentlessly hack away at our wedding todo list.... but he doesn't have to put up with the daily stuff I do!  Can you say, David's Bridal? sakfj$%*&^%*as^&*^%kfjasdfh!)

Three weeks ago my parents renewed their wedding vows in our backyard, while celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.  It was a wonderful time to be home and it was also a very wonderful thing to watch.
Dad reciting a vow-poem he wrote for my mom.
I guess this year my family chose to be all-about weddings?

(love being HOME)

We also snuck in a Padre's game while we were home.... I couldn't resist! I love my baseball, and not having cable has been SO sad this season! (Not to mention, they aren't on cable at home anyways! Grrr!)


Thennn it was my Birthday!  James and I started the morning off at the old OC courthouse, getting our marriage license all taken care of (halfway there!!!).  We had a delicious lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (what is a wedding diet?) and then broke in the pool at my new apartment, followed by a good movie and spending the evening playing games with friends and eating cake.

Oh, I love him,

Did I mention I got a new job?  Well, I got a new job.  Now I work as a waitress at Stacked, which--if you haven't been--is this awesome new restaurant in Cerritos started by the previous owners of BJ's.  They use iPads and the whole concept is very new and hip.  If you ever want to come in and visit, come when I'm working and ask to be seated in my section! I get paid to talk to you people all day :]

We've been blessed so much recently... I can't really even put it into words.  God continues to show and reveal more and more to us each day, and pursuing Him alongside my best friend has been something very cool to watch as it unfolds.  We've also had the opportunity to build so many new friendships with some of the people in our Bible study and it has been nothing short of a-ma-zing to see the way God is working today.  We live in such a precious time! I can't even explain it!! I hope we are knitted and held together by truth all the days of our lives.  


So... I guess we're in the home stretch now!  I have boxes overflowing in my living room, full of things necessary for the day-of, and/or the honeymoon, which reminds me I might want to start thinking about packing.. We got [some of] our engagement shoot photos from our photographer and all I can say is that I am so excited to see photos from the wedding day, because these shots made me grin from ear to ear!  Man, so much literal blood, sweat, and tears have gone into the planning and preparation for this day... I'll be darned if it's not one of the best days of my life....


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS