Sunday, July 1, 2012

Treasure Hidden in a Field

"The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.  When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."  --Matthew 13:44

What is this treasure? It's true understanding of God's word. In 1 Kings we see that God was well pleased with Solomon when he prayed asking for a discerning heart, and for wisdom.  When Solomon prayed these things God not only answered the prayer, but did so tenfold.  I have made it my goal to try and pray this prayer every day, and without sounding too cliche, it worked/it is working.  In the past 15 months I have learned so much more about the wisdom of God and about his Word--it really blows me away to see how much I had previously "breezed over," and to see how much grace he has bestowed on me during this journey.  Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS